Lead teams responsible for strategic marketing campaigns and acquisition; consistently meet or exceed revenue targets
Collaborative leader with an entrepreneurial spirit necessary to the development of paid and organic strategic marketing campaigns with a focus on customer acquisition and conversion. Over 15 years of in-depth experience defining strategic and tactical market-driven initiatives that support corporate objectives and drive acquisition. Manage and guide marketing teams, as well as cross-functional teams to develop successful acquisition and onboarding campaigns that meet or exceed revenue and conversion goals. Strong advocate for digital marketing and marketing teams.
- Acquisition (Organic and Paid)
- Email Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Partnership Marketing
- Content Development
- Budget Management
- Google Analytics
- Marketing Coach and Mentor
- Marketing Automation (Salesforce.com/IBM Marketing Cloud)
University of Phoenix 2009 – Present
Plan course instruction and teach graduate-level online marketing courses that address the full complement of marketing principles, including strategic marketing, customer acquisition, high growth marketing, digital marketing and social media approaches, content development, marketing channel expansion, and customer relationship management.
Faithlife 2015 – 2017
Senior Marketing Manager
Led team of 14 professionals responsible for B2B and B2C marketing strategies, which included developing the customer acquisition and onboarding for the company’s flagship products (SaaS and software). Coached team to define and implement successful marketing strategies and acquisition programs across email, social, paid acquisition, partnerships and content development. Collaborated with product and dev on marketing strategy. With team members, developed campaign calendars, managed big projects or initiatives, and wrote campaign content for webpages, advertising and email. Routinely analyzed campaign effectiveness and adjusted as necessary to achieve maximum results.
- Marketing team performed at 108% of revenue target.
- Grew new customer acquisition by 226% in company’s newly launched SaaS product.
- Recommended and implemented new email vendor, resulting in cost savings of $1.7M annually.
- Advocated for digital marketing as center of excellence, resulting in a ROAS of 19:1 in Google Adwords branded terms and a 5:1 return in non-branded terms.
Group Health Cooperative 2011 – 2015
Senior Marketing Strategist, CRM
Led two direct reports, as well as cross-functional teams, to develop comprehensive B2B and B2C acquisition campaigns spanning multiple channels (web, social media, events, direct mail, email, print and digital advertising, telemarketing, and point-of-sale). Developed and executed robust acquisition campaigns that included email onboarding stream, content development, paid digital advertising, social media, SEO, email nurture strategy, event planning, offer testing and direct response. Worked with actuarial and analytics to create profitability modeling and established a marketing database and customer preference page.
- Met market share goal of 19%.
- Achieved 240% increase in leads and a break-even ROI over a one-year period.
- Advocated for email as a marketing tactic, resulting in $1.5M annual savings.
- Grew paneled membership (acquisition) by 14% in five months, utilizing a multi-touch approach (call center, email, events, media, direct mail, and online).
Clearwire 2009 – 2011
Senior Customer Base Marketing Leader
Managed $5.1 million annual marketing budget and one direct report. Developed customer base marketing department from ground up in fast-paced technology environment.
- Reduced marketing spend by 36%.
- Increased incremental revenue 82% by establishing comprehensive, repeatable upsell /cross sell communication strategy, utilizing a variety of marketing channels.
Microsoft 2007 – 2009
Senior Relationship Marketing Manager
- Drove relationship marketing strategy, resulting in 93% global adoption by field partners.
OnRequest Images 2005 – 2007
Director of Marketing
- Improved ratio of qualified leads from 9% to 18% both in online and offline marketing vehicles.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) 2004
University of Phoenix, Mountlake Terrace, WA
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Journalism 1991
University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
|· WordPress Certification
· Faculty Certification, University of Phoenix
o Recognized in Top 1% of Faculty
o Score of 9.6 SEOCS (Student End-of-Course Survey), 9 out 10 years
· Professional Consulting Service: https://MKSSolutions.net
|· Member of:
o American Marketing Association
· Numerous articles and feature stories for national publications (Appaloosa Journal, Las Vegas Review Journal)
· Published author of two fiction books.
To see recommendations from direct reports, peers and managers, visit my LinkedIn profile